Need to brush up on your IT and information skills? Why not come to a Research Skills Toolkit in 8th week? These free 2 hour workshops introduce key software and online tools to streamline your research, hone your searching and information skills and provide opportunities to meet subject specialists.
Topics on offer include:
- Finding articles, papers, conferences and theses
- Keeping up to date and current awareness
- Using Endnote to manage your references
- Manipulating images using Gimp
- Managing your thesis with word
- Analyzising data with Excel pivot tables
- Podcasting with Audacity
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Finding highly cited journals and measuring research impact
These workshops are open to Oxford graduate researchers in week 8 of Hilary Term. Please attend the session for your division or subject area.
The History session is on Wed 7th March 2.30-4.30pm and the general Humanities session is on Tues 6th March 12.00-2.00pm.
> Find out more and book your place (Oxford University members only, single sign on required).
Toolkits take place at Oxford University Computing Services and are run jointly by the Bodleian Libraries and Computing Services.