Thesis Fair: Thursday 3rd Week in Trinity Term – 10 May 2012, 2-4pm, Exam Schools
All 2nd year history undergraduates are encouraged to drop in on the Thesis Fair which will give you the opportunity to discover the University’s vast information resources including library, archive and electronic materials.
Library experts and academic historians will be on hand to provide expert assistance and tips on the information available to you for your research and how to search through it.
- Medieval sources
- Early modern & Modern sources
- British & European sources
- African & Commonwealth sources
- Latin American sources
- Indian sources
- US sources
- History of Science & Medicine
- History of Art & Visual resources
And many more…
Meet 2 History Finalists at the Top 10 Tips stall to learn from their experience. They will also give a talk in Room 1, School, 14:45-15:00.
Courses to help prepare you for writing your thesis will be run later in the term. These include:
- Online resources for historians
- Information sources for African Studies
- US studies sources for historians
- Medieval sources for historians
- Using RefWorks for your dissertation
- Information Skills Minimum Kit – a session designed to help you use a variety of information sources and tools to search effectively and carry out your literature review
More information about these sessions and online booking is available from: www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/history/thesisfair