Gale is a global publisher of digital archives and other library resources such as eBooks.
The Gale Ambassador Scheme might be of interest to graduates using Cengage / Gale resources (Times Digital Archive, ECCO, State Paper Online, etc) and who are in Oxford 2019-2020. It offers paid business experience with a global publisher.
Gale Ambassadors are paid £500, plus the role is also great for your CV…
- Business experience – work directly with staff at a global publisher
- Get published on our company blog – creating great, shareable evidence of your work
- Run your own marketing activities – refine copy and post placement to make successful use of social media
- Speak at subject society events and lectures – public speaking experience is always great for a CV
- Discover more primary sources for your own essays – potentially improving your grades
- Opportunities for in-house work experience with a global publisher
The deadline for applications is Monday 1st July.
Applications are made online at the Gale Ambassadors site.
Example blog posts of this year’s Gale Ambassadors are at:
- Francis Barber: Samuel Johnson’s Jamaican friend
- In Praise of Folly: A catalogue of April Fool’s hoaxes with Gale Primary Sources
- ‘New Year, New Me?’ Late 19th and Early 20th Century New Year’s Resolutions