After last term’s cancellation, here is a reminder that bookings for the re-scheduled Humanities Research Fair for postgraduates are now open.
The Fair will take place on Monday 27 January 2-5pm, South School, Exam Schools, OX1 4BG (map).
This free event is an excellent opportunity for Humanities postgraduate students to gain a wider perspective on the wealth and riches of research sources available for your field of study.
In a single place you get to meet lots of experts at the same time. You can learn about resources you may not yet have yet considered and meet the curators of collections who can guide you towards relevant material or useful finding tools.
Secure your goody bag and book a place now.
The format of the Fair encourages you to explore and discover new materials at your own pace, to be curious, to network and to make connections to experts and their peers while also learning about creative use of sources in Digital Humanities.
- Special collections (archives & early printed books, maps, museums)
- Topical stalls (e.g. resources for English literature, Theology, History, Modern Languages, Biography)
- Geographical stalls (e.g. US studies, Latin American, Far & Near Eastern, European)
- General resources (e.g. Information skills, SOLO, Open Access, Digital Humanities, Top 10 Tips from a Graduate)
- Take part in the live historical printing with the Centre for the Study of the Book
- Relax with a cup of tea at the Student Wellbeing stall and try your hand at fiendish Bodleian jigsaw puzzle
A series of talks on Digital Humanities will accompany the Fair.
If you have any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.