In order to facilitate access to History Faculty Library loans during this period, we’d like to announce that eligible HFL items are now once again available to borrow through the Bodleian’s Click & Collect service. This will replace our Browse and Borrow service while the Radcliffe Camera is closed. For full details of the other libraries participating in this service, see: https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/clickandcollect
If you didn’t get the chance to use this service over the summer, or would like a reminder of the procedure, here’s our step-by-step guide:
1. Request your book(s). Once logged into SOLO, look out for the green ‘Request’ button next to eligible HFL books. Your request will be sent to the library for staff to pick and process.
2. Once your book has been processed (usually the next working day after your request), you will receive an email inviting you to book a collection timeslot from the following working day onwards; slots will be between 11am-3pm Monday-Friday. You will only need to book a slot for one requested item, and other books you order will then also be available to collect in this timeslot. At this stage you can also add a named person to collect books on your behalf (please ask them to bring some photo ID!).
N.B. As mentioned above, it takes a few working days for the Click & Collect process to complete, so please order your books ahead of time. Please also note that only pre-booked items will be available and you won’t be able to request additional items at the desk when you arrive.
3. On arrival, hold your Reader Card to the pad to unlock the door. If you have any problems with your card, use the intercom to talk to a member of staff. If you notice that there is another reader already inside, please wait on the path at a distance of at least 2 metres from any other readers.
4. Show the member of staff at Reception your card. There is a protective screen at the desk, and a hand sanitiser dispenser available, for the safety of staff and readers. Please wear a face covering when visiting to pick up your books, unless you are exempt.
5. The staff member will fetch your pre-issued books and may ask you to stand back while they place them onto the shelf beside the desk. If you need to drop off HFL returns when you collect, there is a box next to the staff desk to put them in. Returns are quarantined overnight and will be removed from your account on the next working day.
6. Enjoy your books! If you have any questions about the Click & Collect process, please get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.