Tag Archives: vacation loans
With the end of Trinity Term fast approaching, readers are advised that vacation borrowing for the summer will commence on Wednesday 23rd June. Please note, this is 9th week, due to the History of the British Isles assessment for 2nd year History undergraduates. From this date onwards, HFL borrowing limits will increase to 30 items (short loans inclusive), with a due date of Monday 11th October.
We completely understand that this has been a challenging time for library users, so please don’t hesitate to get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about our collections or services.
A Guide to Click and Collect at the HFL
You may have heard the news that we have started to welcome readers to our Click & Collect service at the HFL! Click & Collect is an emergency interim service at selected Bodleian Libraries (currently us, the Social Science Library and the Sackler Library), which allows university members to borrow books which would usually be loanable, via pre-booked collection slots.
Not sure what to expect when using the service? Here’s a step-by-step guide!
1. Request your book(s). Once logged into SOLO, look out for the green Click & Collect button next to eligible HFL books. Your request will then be sent to the library for staff to pick and process.
2. Once your book has been processed (usually the next working day after you request), you will receive an email inviting you to book a collection timeslot from the next working day onwards; our collection hours are 11am-3pm Monday-Friday. You will only need to book a slot for one requested item, and other books you order will then also be available to collect in this timeslot. At this stage you can also add a named person to collect books on your behalf (please ask them to bring some photo ID!).
N.B. As mentioned above, it takes a few working days for the Click & Collect process to complete, so please order your books ahead of time. Please also note that only pre-booked items will be available and you won’t be able to request additional items at the desk when you arrive.
3. On arrival, hold your Reader Card to the pad to unlock the door. If you have any problems with your card, use the intercom to talk to a member of staff. If you notice that there is another reader already inside, please wait on the path at a distance of at least 2 metres from any other readers.
4. Show the member of staff at Reception your card. There is a protective screen at the desk, and a hand sanitiser dispenser available, for the safety of staff and readers.
5. The staff member will fetch a bag containing your pre-issued books and may ask you to stand back while they place them onto the shelf beside the desk. Socially distanced handover pictured below! If you need to drop off HFL returns when you collect, there is a box next to the staff desk to put them in.
6. Enjoy your books! If you have any questions about the Click & Collect process, please get in touch by email at email@example.com.
Spring Vacation Loans 2020
Our loan arrangements for the approaching vacation will be as follows:
- Vacation loans will begin on Monday of 8th week (9th March) for standard loan books. Short loan books remain 2-day loans, until…
- Thursday 12th March. Short loans become borrowable for the vacation, and you gain a 5 book bonus to your loan limit, so you can borrow 20 books in total.
- Everything you borrow from us from this date onwards will be due on Monday of 1st week in Trinity Term (27th April)
If you have any queries at all about your loans, do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy vacation reading!
Vacation Loans start Monday!
Just a quick notification that winter vacation loans start on Monday 2nd December – borrow up to 15 books. Your limit increases to 20 books on Thursday 5th December and will include Short Loans. Everything will be due back on Monday 20th January (1st Week).
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! If you decide you’d like to combine your mince pies with some festive reading, you can access access many of our resources electronically. Use your Single Sign On to make use of a range of ebook, ejournal and database subscriptions while away from Oxford.
With the end of Trinity Term fast approaching, readers are advised that vacation borrowing for the summer will commence on Wednesday 26th June. Please note, this is 9th week, due to the History of the British Isles assessment for 2nd year History undergraduates. From this date onwards, HFL borrowing limits will increase to 30 items (short loans inclusive), with a due date of Monday 14th October. Wishing you all the best of luck in the coming weeks!
Vacation Loans & Season’s Greetings!
Vacation loans start today – borrow up to 15 books. This increases to 20 books on Thursday 29 November and will include short loans. Everything is due back on Monday 15 January.
We hope everyone has a restful and Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! If you get fed up eating mince pies and drinking mulled wine (impossible though that sounds) don’t forget you can access many of our resources online. With your Single Sign On login, you can access all our ebook, ejournal and database subscriptions while away from Oxford.
Here’s the Bodleian tree atmospherically lit up for the final week of Term. Have a fantastic Christmas break everyone!
Welcome back to a new round of borrowing!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the Christmas break as much as we did and are feeling ready for a new year. We’ve no doubt everyone is eager to return to the library and get borrowing!
From today, Monday 9th January, we resume term time borrowing limits:
- Undergraduates and visiting students: 7 days (up to 15 items)
- Research loans : 28 days (up to 15 items)
- Short loans: 2 days
Vacation loans are due back next Monday 16th January so don’t forget to check under the bed for all those extra holiday books you had on loan. We look forward to seeing you all in the library soon.
Vacation borrowing has begun! You can now borrow books for the whole summer, but please remember to clear all your fines first. Happy reading!