By Angela Carritt
Here are a couple of tips which could help you to save on printing:
- When printing PDF or Word files print mulitiple pages on a single sheet of paper
- When printing law reports, use Justis to print selected parts of the report (e.g. judgment, headnote etc instead of printing the whole report)
Printing multiple pages on a single sheet of paper: PDFs
To print two pages of a PDF on one side of paper, first choose Print from the File menu. Then select “Multiple pages per sheet” in the drop down menu next to Page Scaling in the Paper Handling area of the Print dialog.
Printing multiple pages on a single sheet of paper: Word documents
To print two pages of a Word document on a single piece of paper, first choose Print from the File menu. Then select “2 pages” in the drop down menu next to Pages per sheet in the Zoom area of the Print dialog.
NB: PRINTING MULTIPLE PAGES FROM THE INTERNET IS NOT currently possible with the printer drivers on the machines but this will be investigated further.
Printing Law Reports from Justis
- Follow links to Justis from Oxlip+ or the Law Library’s list of legal databases. Once you reach the Justis.com home page click “Continue”.
- This will take you to a Google style search screen. Searching on this screen can leave you wading through a large number of results, so choose “Cases” from the top middle of the screen instead.
- Search for the report you want by party names, citation or keywords.
- Once you have found the correct report, choose “print”, followed by “selected fields”. You can then choose the parts of the report that you want to print (e.g. judgment, headnote etc).