A warm welcome from the Radcliffe Science Library to all new students. Please don’t hesitate to ask library staff for help. Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Opening hours. Full details of opening hours for the science libraries are at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/about/hours.
- Library Assistant. This is a website optimised for viewing on a small screen which gives you essential information about Oxford’s libraries. Access it on your phone/tablet at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/assistant.
- LibGuides. These are online guides written by Subject Librarians to get you started with the key resources in your subject area. The full list of Bodleian Libraries Libguides is at http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/.
- Subject Librarians. Your subject area has a dedicated member of library staff to help you. Contact details for Subject Librarians for science are at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/contact/radcliffe-science-library-staff.
- IT support. The University’s IT Services have a new help site at http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/ if you’re having problems with your laptop or with accessing the University’s online systems.
- Contact us. Full details of how to get in touch with us are at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/contact.
- News from us: We’re on Twitter as @radcliffescilib and Facebook as Radcliffe Science Library. We also have a monthly newsletter, Science and Medicine Dispatch – the latest issue is online at