A warm welcome from the Radcliffe Science Library to all new students. The RSL is Oxford’s main library for science subjects and pre-clinical medicine. Please don’t hesitate to ask library staff for help. Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Your Subject Librarian is to person to contact with any questions you have about library services and resources. Contact details for the RSL’s Subject Librarians can be found at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/contact/radcliffe-science-library-staff.
- The RSL website (www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science) gives full details of our services.
- Training. Details of the training and orientation we provide for students are available at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/training/training_at_the_rsl.
The Bodleian Libraries also provides the iSkills programme, covering such topics as reference management, Open Access and e-books – details are at http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/workshopsbydate.
- Library Assistant. This is a web-based tool optimised for viewing on smaller screens which gives you essential information about Oxford’s libraries. Access it on your phone or tablet at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/assistant.
- LibGuides. These are online guides written by Subject Librarians to get you started with the key resources in your subject area. The full list of Bodleian Libraries Libguides is at http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/.
- News from us: We’re on Twitter as @radcliffescilib and Facebook as Radcliffe Science Library. There is also a monthly newsletter, Science and Medicine Dispatch, which features news from the RSL and other science libraries and also from the Bodleian Health Care Libraries. The latest issue is online at