A warm welcome from the Radcliffe Science Library to all new and returning students. The RSL is Oxford’s main library for science subjects and pre-clinical medicine, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Please don’t hesitate to ask library staff for help. Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Your Subject Librarian is to person to contact with any questions you have about library services and resources. Contact details for the RSL’s Subject Librarians can be found at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/contact/radcliffe-science-library-staff.
- The RSL website (www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science) gives full details of our services.
- Training. We run a lot of orientation and information skills sessions for new students in Michaelmas term – they are listed at:
– Undergraduates: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/training/rsl-undergraduate-induction
– Postgraduates: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/training/rsl-graduate-induction
The Bodleian Libraries also provides the iSkills programme, covering such topics as reference management, Open Access and e-books – details are at http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/workshopsbydate.
- Library Assistant. This is a web-based tool optimised for viewing on smaller screens which gives you essential information about Oxford’s libraries. It’s specificially geared towards helping students new to Oxford navigate their way round Oxford’s library system. Access it on your phone or tablet at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/assistant.
- LibGuides. These are online guides written by Subject Librarians to get you started with the key resources in your subject area. The full list of Bodleian Libraries Libguides is at http://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/.
- News from us: We’re on Twitter as @radcliffescilib and Facebook as Radcliffe Science Library. There is also a monthly newsletter, Science and Medicine Dispatch, which features news from the RSL and other science libraries and also from the Bodleian Health Care Libraries. It’s distributed via email and in print, and also online at
PLEASE NOTE: The RSL will be temporarily moving out of the current building after the end of Michaelmas term to allow redevelopment work to take place. We have information about this project online at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/rsl-refurbishment, and this page will be kept up to date with changes.