Dr Claire Blacklock will cycle between the Oxford Healthcare Libraries on 24 May to raise awareness of lack of up-to-date information for medical staff to provide high quality care to patients, and gather funding to build a resource centre at the Makeni Government Hospital in Sierra Leone.
Read more about her challenge in the Oxford Mail:
Claire’s fundraising link for the event is at https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/claireblacklock1.
Claire will visit the libraries listed below for 10 to 15 minutes. Please join us at your closest library ready to welcome and cheer Claire – the more, the merrier! And if you are a cyclist, put your helmet on to demonstrate your support.
Claire’s estimated schedule:
- Cairns Library – leaving just after 9am
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre Library – 9.20am
- Knowledge Centre (Old Road Campus) – 9.40am
- Radcliffe Science Library – 12noon
- Cairns Library – returning before 5pm