From 1 April any journal article or conference paper that you wish to include in your REF submission must be made available on an open access basis within 3 months of acceptance. Likewise many research funders now require research outputs to be made available open access.
If you’re not sure how to make your publications open access, come along to our Bodleian iSkills: Open Access Oxford briefing on Tuesday 1 March 11.00-12.00. We will be covering:
- What is open access? And what do we mean by the gold route, green route and APCs?
- The HEFCE Open Access policy for the REF and how to make sure that you comply
- How to find out about research council or funder requirements
- How to find out what your publisher will allow
- How to deposit your publications in the ORA repository for the REF and Green route compliance
- How to make your publication open access via the Gold route and how to claim for APCs
- New developments, including ORCID researcher IDs
- Where to get more help
This workshop is only open to current members of Oxford University. It is likely to be very popular so online booking is essential.