Each term we run a series of workshops to introduce different reference management tools. On Wednesday 1 Feb we will look at Mendeley.
Mendeley is now one of the most popular reference management tools, combining traditional features of reference management software (such as inserting references into word processed documents and building bibliographies) but also with additional features including facilities for collaboration and the ability to search Mendeley’s own library of papers.
If you are looking for an alternative to RefWorks or Endnote or are new to reference management, why not come along to Bodleian iSkills: Mendeley for Reference Management (Wednesday 1st February, 14.00-17.00) to find out more and try it out. This session will cover:
- An overview of reference management with Mendeley
- Creating a Mendeley account and installing Mendeley Desktop
- Adding, editing and organising references
- Creating bibliographies
- Managing PDF documents with Mendeley
- Using the Mendeley ‘Papers’ database
- Collaboration and social networking with Mendeley
The workshop is free, but online booking is essential:
Bodleian iSkills: Mendeley for Reference Management (Wednesday 1st February, 14.00-17.00)
(If you are an advanced user of Mendeley you need only attend the second part, starting at 15.30.)