In order to be eligible for the next REF, the final peer-reviewed version of journal articles and conference papers (with an ISSN) must be deposited in an open access repository within three months of acceptance for publication. HEFCE’s requirements are designed to ‘increase substantially the amount of scholarly material that is made available in an open-access form’.
Bodleian Libraries run monthly briefings on open access publishing and Oxford’s position. These briefings are aimed at researchers and academics, research support staff, administrators and librarians. Key topics include:
• Introduction – What is open access?
• Key terms – Gold, Green, APCs
• How to find out about research council or funder requirements
• How to find out what your publisher will allow
• Green route – how to deposit in ORA
• Gold route and how to claim for APCs
• HEFCE policy for next REF
• New developments, including ORCID researcher IDs
• Where to get more help
Our next sessions will be held on:
Tuesday 30 January 12.00-13.00 (Radcliffe Science Library)
Tuesday 20 February 11.00-12.00 (Nuffield College, New Road)
The session is free, but online booking is required. To book a place go to:
Bodleian iSkills: Open Access Oxford – What’s Happening?