If you’re new to Oxford and it’s many libraries (or have been here for a while but have a sneaking suspicion that you’re not making the most of the libraries), then come along to our iSkills workshop, Getting started in Oxford Libraries.
We will be covering:
- Which libraries you may use, which cover your subject, which allow you to borrow….are warm…have nice views/natural light/cafes/interesting architecture/bookable rooms…are open on Sundays and more
- How to find and make the most of our print collections and our e-books, e-journals and databases using SOLO, OxLIP+ and LibGuides
- Accessing the wide range of research support services available to you from Bodleain Libraries
- Where to get help
- a literature searching taster session
This workshop runs monthly with the next session taking place Monday 20 February 14.00-17.00 at the Bodleian Social Science Library. Please book your place online.
New to the University’s libraries, or still unsure if you are getting the most out of them?
Come to one of our monthly workshops on getting started in Oxford Libraries. We will give you an introduction to Oxford Libraries including guidance on which libraries to use, accessing e-journals and other online resources, SOLO and other finding aids and making the most of Library services. This workshop will help you settle into using libraries at the University of Oxford with confidence.
• Which libraries to use – finding out which libraries you may use and which cover your subject
• Using SOLO to find printed and online books, journals and other materials
• Using the Print, Copy and Scan (PCAS) service
• Using your own laptop or device in the Library
• How the libraries can help you – getting advice on searching, reading lists, current awareness, reference management, open access, research data management and more.
• Opportunities for questions
Book online for Bodleian iSkills: Getting started in Oxford Libraries
Wednesday 27 April 09:30-12:30
Thursday 12 May 09:30-12:30
Thursday 2 June 14:00-17:00
Oxford University libraries are investigating ways in which we can improve library inductions for first year undergraduates and help new students to get to grips with Oxford Libraries quickly and easily. As part of this project we are seeking feedback from undergraduates about your experiences of Oxford Libraries at the start or your studies.
We are currently looking for volunteers to attend focus groups during week 8 of Trinity Term. These focus group will last around an hour and each attendee will receive a £10 Amazon voucher as a thank you for your participation.
To participate please note that you must be an Oxford undergraduate and able to attend on at least one of the dates given below.
Week 8, Monday, 11th of June – 11 – 12 am
Week 8, Tuesday, 12th of June – 11 – 12 am
Week 8, Thursday, 14th June – 11 – 12 am
If you would like to participate in a focus group, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
Year of Study:
Availability on the dates given above:
Contact phone number:
If you volunteer and are selected you will be contacted within a few days to confirm your attendance.