Are you making the most of the research tools available to help you with your thesis or dissertation? Do you need to brush up on your IT and information skills? IT Services and Bodleian Libraries will be working together to run our Research Skills Toolkit during week 8 and will be running 3 sessions for Social Sciences (Tues 1 Dec 14.00-16.00, and Thurs 3 Dec 10.00-12.00) . If you’re not familiar with the Research Skills Toolkit, these are 2 hour workshops at which you have a chance to try out 10 different tools and skills which will help you in your research. The Social Sciences Toolkits will include the following:
- Keeping up to date with new research publications using email alerts
- Finding data and statistics using OECD iLibraryData and Databank
- Searching for dissertations and theses using Proquest
- Citation searching with Web of Science to find high impact articles and journals and to track citations between papers
- Your thesis and ORA – essential information about copyright and sensitive data
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it
- Endnote for managing citations, inserting intext references/footnotes and creating bibliographies
- Free software for image manipulation
- Managing your thesis with Word
- Analysing data with Excel Pivot tables
These workshops are very popular so please be sure to book your place online.
Not a Social Scientist? We will be running toolkits for most subject areas. Check LibGuides workshops for a full list.