Are you new to the University’s libraries, feeling confused about which libraries or tools to use or just not convinced that you’re making the most of Oxford’s rich print and electronic resources? If so, come along to our Bodleian iSkills workshop Getting started in Oxford Libraries on Wednesday 2 March 9.30-11.30.
During the workshop we will cover:
- Which libraries to use? How to find out which libraries you may use and which libraries hold the best collections for your topic.
- Effective use of SOLO for finding printed and electronic books, journals and other materials
- Using OxLIP+ and LibGuides to discover Oxford’s rich collections of databases and eresources
- Using the Bodleian Libraries “Print, Copy and Scan (PCAS)” service to make a copy and using your own laptop or device in the Library
- Information about how Librarians can help you with your research including literature searching, current awareness, research impact, open access, research data management, copyright and reference management.
There will be plenty of opportunities for questions.
Please be sure to book your place online.
Oxford University libraries are investigating ways in which we can improve library inductions for first year undergraduates and help new students to get to grips with Oxford Libraries quickly and easily. As part of this project we are seeking feedback from undergraduates about your experiences of Oxford Libraries at the start or your studies.
We are currently looking for volunteers to attend focus groups during week 8 of Trinity Term. These focus group will last around an hour and each attendee will receive a £10 Amazon voucher as a thank you for your participation.
To participate please note that you must be an Oxford undergraduate and able to attend on at least one of the dates given below.
Week 8, Monday, 11th of June – 11 – 12 am
Week 8, Tuesday, 12th of June – 11 – 12 am
Week 8, Thursday, 14th June – 11 – 12 am
If you would like to participate in a focus group, please e-mail email@example.com with the following details.
Year of Study:
Availability on the dates given above:
Contact phone number:
If you volunteer and are selected you will be contacted within a few days to confirm your attendance.