Bodleian Libraries continue to run monthly briefings on open access publishing and Oxford’s position. These briefings are aimed at researchers and academics, research support staff, administrators and librarians. Key topics include:
• Introduction – What is open access?
• Key terms – Gold, Green, APCs
• How to find out about research council or funder requirements
• How to find out what your publisher will allow
• Green route – how to deposit in ORA
• Gold route and how to claim for APCs
• HEFCE policy for next REF
• New developments, including ORCID researcher IDs
• Where to get more help
Our next sessions are on Thursday 31 May and Thursday 21st June
Each session is free, but online booking is required. To book a place on any upcoming Open Access Oxford briefing go to:
Bodleian iSkills: Open Access Oxford – What’s Happening?
We end Trinity Term with Open Access Oxford Week – a full week of events to bring you information, discussion and help on all things to do with Open Access.
Go to Open Access Oxford Week 2018 for the full programme in Week 8
In order to be eligible for the next REF, the final peer-reviewed version of journal articles and conference papers (with an ISSN) must be deposited in an open access repository within three months of acceptance for publication. HEFCE’s requirements are designed to ‘increase substantially the amount of scholarly material that is made available in an open-access form’.