The reader PCs at the SSL have recently been updated with new ArcGIS 10.2 software. This software aids in the analysis of geospatial data or any statistical information that includes geographical variables such as location, elevation, population density and so on.
The package includes;
- ArcCatalog 10.2,
- ArcGlobe 10.2,
- ArcMap 10.2
- ArcScene 10.2
- plus ArcGis for desktop help
These programs can be used to
- View maps/mapped information as part of analysis
- Compile geographic data
- Build and edit maps to help analysis or visualisation
- Amend properties and fields in geospatial databases and generally manage such information
- Develop projects that draw on the large user base and functionality this package has built up
It can be used with any geo-spatial data such as the Landscan population database available through SOLO (http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/OXVU1:OXFORDOXF05190)
Pop in to the SSL and try it out.