SSL staff are currently working towards the Green Impact Silver Award for 2015/16, having achieved Bronze and Best Newcomer awards in 2014/15. Electricity use is one of the library’s main environmental impacts. We have been saving electricity by:
- Setting the photocopiers to enter sleep mode after 15 minutes’ inactivity
- Switching off half the photocopiers in vacation
- Enabling the power saving options on staff PCs
You can help the SSL save energy and reduce CO2 emissions by:
- Switching off laptops and mobile devices when not in use
- Unplugging chargers when devices are fully charged or disconnected
- Enabling power saving settings on laptops
- Switching off the Reader PC monitors after use
- Turning off the lights in the Discussion Rooms and Graduate Study Rooms when leaving
- Telling us your energy saving tips! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to library staff.
For the chance to win 100 tubs of ice cream for your college, and find out more, try the Student Switch Off Climate Change Quiz!