- Are you having trouble logging into one of the WiFi networks?
- Have you forgotten your password for logging in to Reader PCs?
- Is the wireless network slow or the signal weak?
- Do you need help saving a file to the desktop?
If you are having difficulty with any aspect of IT in the Library, whether it is using our Library PCs or your own laptop or mobile device, please do speak to a member of staff, either in person at the issue desk, or via one of our many other communications channels. We are always happy to help in any way we can to resolve the issue. Even if we can’t sort it out there and then, we can always refer your issue on to University IT Services and pursue a resolution on your behalf.
Please provide as much detail as you can about the problem. This will enable us to diagnose the problem more quickly and to establish whether it is a specific or general issue. For example:
- What is the exact wording of the error message you see on screen?
- Where are you sitting in the Library?
- Are you using a Library PC or your own device?
- What operating system are you using: Windows, OSX or Linux? What version?
- Which wireless network are you connected to or trying to connect to? OWL, Eduroam or Bodleian-Libraries?
- What web browser are you trying to open?