The Bodleian Libraries subscribe to a wide range of electronic resources for the University. We’ve recently started trialling two new media resources which add to our collection of resources. University members have access to films, documentaries, TV programmes and other selected broadcasts through our media resources.
New resources on trial
Bodleian Libraries are trialling the following resources, with a view to setting up a subscription if there is enough interest. Take a look and please send any feedback to email@example.com by 31 October 2016:
- Box of Broadcasts [available until 31 October]
- An on-demand TV and radio service for education. It allows members of subscribing institutions to search an archive of over 2 million broadcasts, record programmes from over 65 free-to-air channels, and create their own playlists and clip compilations. Content includes BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, ITV, Channel 4, Film4, 10 foreign language channels and more.
- Kanopy [available until 13 November]
- Online access to a large collection of films, including feature films and films on topics in the visual arts, education, sciences and social sciences.
Our new resources also include:
- World News Connection Archive 1995-2013
- This is an extensive collection of newspaper articles, broadcast transcripts and datelines from around the world, translated into English by the US government.
This complements two other online news resources provided by Bodleian Libraries:
- BBC Monitoring International Reports 1979-present
- Access to broadcasts from 120 countries, with an emphasis on information from countries for which other news sources are not readily available.
- FBIS Daily Reports 1975-1996
- Selected broadcasts, newspaper articles and government statements from around the world, translated into English and issued by an agency of the US government.