Authors are often unsure what rights they retain when signing the publisher agreement for a journal article. Your choices affect what you and others can do with your work. This introductory workshop deciphers the jargon and explains the pitfalls so you can understand your options and make informed decisions.
- benefits of retaining copyright
- Copyright Transfer Agreements (CTA) compared with other Licence types (inc. Creative Commons)
- author rights and sharing permissions
- subscription and open access articles
- uploading to the web or repositories
- University and funder policies (inc. REF)
- where to get help.
Participants are welcome to bring along an example of a publisher copyright agreement that they have signed in the past or from a journal they publish in regularly.
Intended Audience: Academics, researchers, postgraduate research students
When: Thu 15 June, 14.00 to 15.00
Where: Manor Road Building, Seminar Room B