Your introduction to the Bodleian Libraries
This term the Bodleian are running FREE iSkills workshops to help you navigate the Oxford library system. Book online now for handy hints and tips – all are welcome!
Workshops in Information Discovery and Scholarly Communications
Getting information to come to you
An introduction to using RSS feeds and alerts to keep up to date with new research. Participants will have the opportunity to set up RSS feeds and/or email alerts to receive notifications about new journal articles and other publications, conference papers and blog posts in their field of research.
- Use an RSS feed reader to receive notifications about new publications in your research field
- Use email alerts as an alternative to RSS feeds to receive notifications about new publications in your field
- Use JournalTOCS to receive tables of contents for new issues of your favourite journals
- Set up RSS feeds or alerts on your favourite databases for new content in your field
- Set up RSS feeds for new blog posts and web site updates
- Explore use of social media tools for keeping up to date with research
Intended Audience: Postgraduates, researchers, academics and anyone interested in the topic
When: Thursday 26th October, 10:00-11:30
Where: IT Services, 13 Banbury Road – Isis Room