Research Skills Toolkit sessions are two-hour workshops which provide hands-on practice with a range of resources intended to streamline and support your research. They also provide an opportunity to meet with subject specialists to seek guidance on further training.
Topics are likely to include:
- Skills Toolkit and avoiding plagiarism
- GIMP image editing
- Word for your thesis
- Excel – organise & analyse data using pivot tables
- Audacity for recording audio
- Lynda.com IT video courses
- Your thesis, copyright and ORA
- Citation searching and impact factors
- Dissertations and theses
- Keeping up to date using email alerts
- Finding data and statistics using OECD iLibrary and the UK Data Service
Ideal for first year graduate research students, the workshops are completely free to book and are scheduled for 1st week, Hilary Term. Book a place by clicking the image above.