Find out about the latest technologies for digital reading from the Reading and Writing Innovation Lab at this free event.
Where and when
- Tuesday 22 November, 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Manor Road Building, Common Room, 1st floor, Manor Road, Oxford OX1 3UQ
Please register to receive updates about the event and let the organisers know to expect you. You can also just ‘walk-in’ to the event if you wish.
What to expect
The event will start with a 30-minute introductory presentation on technology and academic reading productivity, after which participants will have an opportunity to visit stalls with various technologies as follows to get a sense of what is possible or to help make purchasing decisions:
- Different types of e-readers (including the reMarkable)
- Different tabletform factors (including iPad Pro and Kindle Fire)
- Appsfor reading and managing digital reading
- Touch interfacesfor annotation and note taking (including different types of styluses and digital pens)
- Digital highlighters and hand-held scanners and magnifiers for reading printed materials
- Mac and Windowsapplications for reading and managing the reading workflow
Who can attend
The event is open to anyone at Oxford and is suitable for:
- Support staff