We wanted to let you all know about an upcoming change at the Bodleian Libraries, including the Social Science Library, which you will need to know if you are planning to use our services this summer.
We are changing to a new library system and some of our usual services will be unavailable during 16-23 August 2023. Access to the libraries and online resources will continue as normal:
- Ordering print material from the Closed Stack: This service will not be available during 16-23 August; you will need to order items at least one week in advance if you wish to consult them during this time.
- Scan & Deliver: This service will not be available during 16-23 August; please place requests before 11 August and after 23 August.
- Requesting new books and other resources: We will be unable to order new resources until after 23 August; please submit your requests before Friday 23 June to guarantee processing before the start of the new academic year.
- Borrowing: This service will be managed offline during 16-23 August; you will be unable to view up-to-date information about your loans via My SOLO during this time.
- My SOLO favourites: After 16 August your favourites will be lost; please export them in advance. Contact email@example.com for advice on this.
Thank you for your support and patience as we implement this large-scale project. We aim for the changeover to be as smooth as possible for all staff and readers.