On Thursday morning 29 March we will be upgrading some of the equipment that generates the WiFi signal in the SSL. As part of the upgrade the internet will go down for a short period in different sections of the library. The work should not take long and full signal will be re-established by 10.00.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes. Wired internet will still be available on our library PCs and through ethernet cables which can be borrowed at the issue desk.
There is some essential maintenance planned for the weekend 15/16 July. Due to this a number of services provided by IT services will be running at risk. Many will still be operational though changes are not recommended at this time and critical work should be re-scheduled where possible. The at risk period will begin 1p.m. Friday 14 July and end 1p.m. Monday 17 July.
The following services will not be available from Friday afternoon to Monday morning:
- HFS (University of Oxford backup service)
- IT Services Blogs
- Chorus BTS LDAP (Chorus phone book look up for non-Chorus numbers)
- Orchard packaging (Mac Managed Platform operated by IT services)
- Educational Media archive storage
- NSMS ELK syslog (Network System Management Service system log)
- Mirror – (some mirrored sites will be unavailable)
- IT Services downloads (downloads.it.ox.ac.uk)
- TEI sites (OUCS-style sites)
If you see the message ‘unavailable page’ then that website has been affected and will be unavailable during the at risk period.
The following IT services will be ay risk:
- NSMS Hosted VMs
- NSMS Virtual Datacentres
- Mailing Lists
- Oak LDAP
- Mirror (some mirrored sites will be completely available)
- CONNECT Managed Desktops
- CONNECT Managed Application Servers
- NSMS Managed Servers
- Bodleian Reader Desktops
- CONNECT Remote Desktop Service
- NSMS shared web hosting
- NSMS server management
- OxCORT online tutorials system
- NSMS / MSD web hosting
- flexlm.nsms.ox.ac.uk licence server (ArcGIS, Matlab, Intel compilers, Portland compilers)
- NSMS Request Tracker instances
- NSMS nagios monitoring
- UAS web sites
- Chorus DNS and DHCP
- Orchard infrastructure
- Educational Media web sites
On Tuesday 7th March from 7.00-10.00, the Bodleian Wifi network will be unavailable in the SSL.
During this time readers will be able to login to the SSL PCs or Eduroam.
Speak to a member of the Social Science Library staff for further information or if you have any other questions.
There will be no access to the University’s Network in the Social Science Library on Monday 12th December. This is due to migrating the Bodleian Libraries to a Network back bone.
The down time is scheduled for:
- Monday 12 December from 09:30 until 10:45 GMT
During this time there will be no access to library PCs, quick search PCs, the Bodleian Wifi Network, the Eduroam Wifi Network and the PCAS service.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
WebLearn will be unavailable between 7am-1pm Tuesday 6th September. There is essential maintenance taking place at this time. All eReadings, reading lists and other services will be avilable after this time.
The network downtime originally scheduled for Monday 8 August 10.30-11.45 has been cancelled. All networks including Reader PCs, Eduroam, Bodleian Libraries Ethernet and WiFi are expected to run as normal.