The Bodleian Libraries and the Social Sciences Division are offering a wide variety of courses this Hilary Term. So if you are interested in improving your research skills or want to make more effective use of scholarly materials then read on below.
The Research Skills Toolkit is a free hands-on workshop for graduate research students. In a lively 2-hour session, you will try out a variety of tools and online services to support your research. Repeat sessions will be taking place this January:
- Tues 16th Jan, 10:00 – 12:00
- Thurs 18th Jan, 14:00 – 16:00
Sessions will take place at Oxford University IT Services, 13 Banbury Road
Click here for further information and to book your place.
The Social Sciences Division and its departments run a range of research and professional skills training for DPhil students.
Click here to see a full list of the courses available this Hilary Term, and for further information on how to book a session.
Brush up your knowledge of:
- Information discovery and searching for scholarly materials
- Endnote, RefWorks, Zotero and Mendeley for managing references and formatting footnotes and bibliographies
- Keeping up to date with new research
- Measuring research impact
- Understanding copyright and looking after your intellectual property
- Open Access publishing and complying with funder mandates for open access
- Managing your research data
Attend a free Bodleian iSkills workshop in information Discovery & Scholarly Communications.
Primarily aimed at Graduates, the programme is designed to help you to make effective use of scholarly materials.
For a full list of Hilary Term’s workshops click here.