We now have trial access to the American Founding Era Collection from the University of Virginia Press. This collection offers digital access to the published papers of several major figures of the Early Republic:
- The Papers of James Madison
- The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Consitution
- The Papers of Thomas Jefferson
- The Adams Papers
- The Papers of George Washington
- The Dolley Madison Digital Edition
The papers are fully searchable, both within each set and across the entire collection, and you can view and download page images as well as view the text. As well as searching, the collections can be browsed in contents order (as in the published editions) or chronologically. There are indexes available for the Adams, Jefferson, and Washington papers.
Access is available via OxLIP+ (single sign-on for remote access). This is a trial until 3rd January 2011. Please send any feedback to email@example.com.