An update to plans for the move of the History Faculty Library to the Radcliffe Camera and Gladstone Link this summer has been published on the Bodleian website. Details are still being fixed but at the moment the timeline is expected to be as follows:
- HFL vacation loans (with an increase from 30 to 40 books) begin on 11th June
- Normal access will be maintained to both the HFL and the Radcliffe Camera until 27th July; all services offered as normal
- HFL move begins 30th July
- HFL will probably close on 6th August; books can continue to be returned to the HFL until 17th August, but thereafter will need to be returned to the Lower Camera
- The Radcliffe Camera may need to close completely during parts of August and September to ensure all work is completed before Michaelmas Term.
The Just-In-Time team (email firstname.lastname@example.org) will be on hand to help locate alternative copies of books and journals affected by the move.
For more information on the move itself and the background to it, please see: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/notices/history-faculty-library-move. This page will be updated with further information as and when details become more fixed. You can also keep up to date with progress and plans on the HFL blog.
The VHL will be unaffected throughout.