The annual History Thesis Fair will take place on Thursday 6 March 2014 (week 7) from 2pm to 4pm in the North Writing School, Exam Schools. The Fair aims to help you locate relevant source materials for your thesis and to show you how to make good use of tools and resources available to you. I will be there manning the US History Sources stall all afternoon – if you’re thinking about writing your thesis on an American topic, do come and talk to me!
This year the Thesis Fair stalls include:
- medieval, early modern and modern sources
- Visual Resources
- global history: India, Africa & Commonwealth, US, Latin America, etc.
- Legal History
- RefWorks for reference management
- Maps for historians
- History of Science and Medicine
- collections in the HFL and college libraries & archives, and many more…
Come along and speak to experts or make an appointment with them for a follow-up discussion. It’s a great opportunity to browse and explore potential sources as you begin to think about your thesis.