Due to staff sickness, the library will close at 2pm on Saturday 21st June. We apologise for not being able to offer the extended hours for the last weekend of term.
From Monday 23rd June the library will switch to summer vacation hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm only. Term hours will begin again in 0th week of Michaelmas (6th October).
Next week Bodleian libraries will be running a session on Copyright and protecting your work; and on Wednesday we will be holding the HEFCE debate on Open Access and monographs.
WISER: Protecting your work – what you need to know about copyright (Tue 17 Jun 11.00 – 12.30)
Intellectual property and copyright are key concerns for today’s researchers. This event will raise your awareness of issues to look out for, both in using other people’s work and in publishing your own work.
Who is this session for? Postgraduate students, researchers, academics and staff
Presenters: Tim Padfield
Venue: Seminar Room A, Manor Road Building > Book your place
Open Access: Monographs and Open Access – join the HEFCE debate (Wed 18 Jun 2.00 – 5.30)
An opportunity for Oxford academics and researchers to debate the issues around scholarly monographs and open access with publishers and funders, and feed into HEFCE’s Expert Reference Group project.
Programme of speakers:
- Introduction: Catriona Cannon (Interim Deputy Librarian, Bodleian Libraries)
- Cecy Marden (Wellcome Trust, HEFCE Expert Reference Group)
- Frances Pinter (Knowledge Unlatched, HEFCE Expert Reference Group)
- Rhodri Jackson (OUP and OAPEN-UK JISC-funded project on open access monographs)
- Geoffrey Crossick (HEFCE Expert Reference Group, Chair)
- QandA. Panel joined by Sally Rumsey (Oxford Research Archive)
Who is this session for? Academics and researchers, especially Humanities and Social Sciences.
Venue: Lecture Room, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter > Book your place
Questions? – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org