From Monday 5th October we will revert to our term time opening hours: Monday-Friday 9am-7pm, Saturday 10am-4pm.
Monthly Archives: September 2015
New: US State Department documents on European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century
Oxford historians now have access to a digital collection of sources relating to early 20th century European colonialism and US foreign relations. European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century (Archives Unbound) is now on OxLIP+ and SOLO.
The individual collections of U.S. State Department documents are also cross-searchable:
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: Colonialism and Nationalism in the Dutch East Indies, 1910-1930
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: Italian Colonies in North Africa and Aggression in East Africa, 1930-1939
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: Political and Economic Consolidation of Portuguese Colonies in Africa, 1910-1929
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: French Colonialism in Africa: From Algeria to Madagascar, 1910-1930
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: German Colonies in Asia and the Pacific: From Colonialism to Japanese Mandates, 1910-1929
For a full description of these collections and a list of related resources online, please see the HFL Blog post.
Network downtime Thursday 17th 9.30-10.30
There will be a period of network downtime at the RAI tomorrow morning while essential maintenance work takes place. The downtime will begin around 9.30am and is likely to continue for around an hour. There will be no access to library PCs, wifi, or the photocopier while the network is down. Apologies!
Power shutdown, 1st floor: 14th-15th September
As part of the lighting replacement work there will be a shutdown of all power to the first floor on Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th September. Those desks that are not in the closed area for the lighting work will still be available for use but please note that there will be no power to the plug sockets or desk lamps.
Desks elsewhere in the library will be unaffected, so please sit elsewhere if you want to plug a laptop in on those two days.
New books for August
A selection of the new books received in the library during August may now be seen on our website and LibraryThing page.