Following the leak and shut-down of electrics in the RAI and VHL yesterday and today, we continue to experience disruption to power. For Tuesday 12 November we are planning to open the library and run a limited service as follows:
- The RAI building is open as normal but the Library will be open between 10am and 4pm only.
- Only the study spaces in the Mezzanine Level will be accessible. Please note that the desk lamps and powersockets will not work.
- None of collections on the open shelves on the 1st and 2nd Floor will be accessible due to lack of lighting. A staff fetching service from open shelf collections will operate during this time.
- Book stack deliveries will resume. Orders due to have been delivered today will be made available tomorrow.
- Wifi is working, but there will be no Library PCs and PCAS services.
- We are not expecting our telephones to work.
We hope for full power to be restored on Wednesday but will make a further announcement tomorrow.
You can follow us on Twitter for any further updates and if you need to speak to a member of library staff, please contact the Bodleian’s Main Enquiry Desk on 01865 (2)77162.
Many apologies for the continued disruption.