Open Access and Monographs: Oxford forum with publishers and funders.
Wednesday 18 June, 2pm-5.30pm
Radcliffe Humanities Lecture Room
A forum on current challenges and initiatives in open access monograph publishing. This is part of the Bodleian Libraries Open Access series and an opportunity for Oxford academics & researchers to feed into HECFE’s Monographs and Open Access Project (see http://www.hefce.ac.uk/whatwedo/rsrch/rinfrastruct/oa/monographs/).
Programme of speakers:
- Introduction: Catriona Cannon (Interim Deputy Librarian, Bodleian Libraries)
- Cecy Marden (Wellcome Trust, HEFCE Expert Reference Group)
- Frances Pinter (Knowledge Unlatched, HEFCE Expert Reference Group)
- Rhodri Jackson (OUP and OAPEN-UK JISC-funded project on open access monographs)
- Geoffrey Crossick (HEFCE Expert Reference Group, Chair)
- QandA. Panel joined by Sally Rumsey (Oxford Research Archive)
This session is for Academics and researchers, especially in the Humanities and Social Sciences, and is a must for those interested in issues around Open Access.
To book a place please visit http://courses.it.ox.ac.uk/detail/TZ005 .